Armed Forces Veteran Information
Claremont Medical Centre is an Armed Forces Veteran friendly accredited GP practice.
Please view the informative leaflets for Armed Forces Veterans below:
OpCOURAGE: The Veterans Mental Health and Wellbeing Service
Specialist care and support for service leavers, reservists, veterans and their families.
Op Courage - the veterans’ mental health service from the NHS
What type of help is available?
- Intensive medical care and treatment if you are in a crisis
- Care and treatment for anyone displaying the early signs of mental health problems
- Therapeutic treatment for more advanced mental health conditions and psychological trauma
- Helping you to access other NHS services such as eating disorder services, and ‘Improving access to psychological therapies’ (IAPT)
- Assisting with your wider health and wellbeing needs by working with charities and local organisations across housing, drug and alcohol misuse, finances and more
- Helping you to transition to civilian life by ensuring you get mental health care and support from the Defence Medical Services
How do I get help from Op Courage?
- Live in England and have served in the UK Armed Forces for one day
- Be registered with a GP practice in England, or be willing and eligible to register with a GP
- Provide your military service number or another form of eligibility
Visit www.england.nhs.uk – NHS launches ‘Op Courage’ veterans’ mental health service for more information.